Making a Complaint

Make a Complaint to the Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan

The Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan ("Council") assists consumers in resolving disputes which relate to insurance transactions occurring in Saskatchewan.

Council requests that you attempt to resolve your complaint with the insurance agent and/or insurance company before filling out and forwarding the Consumer Complaint form.

Council cannot force an insurance agent to resolve your complaint or give you compensation. As such, you may wish to consult with your lawyer with respect to your complaint.


The Consumer Complaint Form can be found Here.

Filing Complaint against an Insurance Company

If you have a complaint against an insurance company that does not have to do with the value of loss or damage to property, you can file a complaint with the Superintendent of Insurance.

Before filing a complaint, please attempt to resolve the matter with the insurance company or agent, agency or adjuster.

To register a complaint against an insurance company, please complete an Insurance Complaint Form and return it to the address provided on the form.

Complaints about a particular licensed agent, agency, or adjuster, should be directed to the Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan.

You should be aware that laws set out limitation periods for starting court action. You may wish to consult a lawyer regarding any limitation periods that may be applicable.

For complaint inquiries or more information, please contact:

  • Superintendent of Insurance
    Insurance and Real Estate Division
    Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority
    Suite 601, 1919 Saskatchewan Drive
    Regina, Saskatchewan  S4P 4H2
    Phone: (306) 787-6700
    Fax: (306) 787-9006

Ombudsman Saskatchewan

Ombudsman Saskatchewan has jurisdiction over the Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC). If you have a complaint or inquiry about an SCIC decision, contact them first to find out what appeal process is available. If there is no appeal process available to you, or if you appeal and disagree with their decision, contact us.

  • Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC)
    Toll-Free: 1-888-935-0013


Ombudsman Saskatchewan does not have jurisdiction over private insurance companies, private life insurance, or health insurance, such as long-term disability benefits. If your complaint is of this nature, you may wish to contact one of the following organizations.

  • General Insurance Ombudservice
    Toll-Free: 1-877-225-0446
  • Canadian Life and Health Insurance Ombudservice
    Toll-Free: 1-888-295-8112
  • Saskatchewan Superintendent of Insurance
    Phone: 1-306-787-6700
    (Ombudsman Saskatchewan has jurisdiction over the Saskatchewan Superintendent of Insurance.)